Putnam Elementary Library
The mission of the school library program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information enabling them to be life-long learners.:
· by providing instruction to foster competence in acquiring and using information and ideas, and in evaluating information resources
· By providing intellectual and physical access to materials in multiple formats
· By stimulating interest in reading and appreciation of literature through group instruction and individual guidance
· By working with other educators to design and carry out learning experiences to meet the needs of individual students
Librarian: Mrs. Romero
The library is open after school every day 7:45 to 3:45
Check out Policy
Check out times are provided for students during school hours on a daily basis. Books are checked out for a 2 week period with the option to renew.
- Pre-K and Kinder -- afterschool with a parent
- 1st 1 book – Dual Lang 1English and 1 Spanish
- 2nd 2 books
- 3rd 3 books
- 4th 4 books
- 5th 4 books
There are no fines for overdue books.
**Additional books may not be checked out until the overdue book is paid for or returned.
Explore the Putnam Library and check your account from home with the easy to use: Kids Catalog!
El Paso Public Library
Our partners in reading--
the El Paso Public Library offers outstanding
programs and customer service to all.
Online Databases—excellent for doing research
Please contact Mrs. Romero for usernames and passwords.